April is STD awareness month. In this context, it is necessary to recall that women are generally at a greater risk of heterosexual transmission of HIV. Indeed, biologically women are twice more likely to become infected with HIV through unprotected heterosexual intercourse than men. Moreover, let’s keep in mind that in many countries women are less likely to be able to negotiate condom use; consequently they are more likely to be subjected to non-consensual sex.
Hence the importance of a constant safe sexual behavior, required for women. So, what’s new in condoms? A non-latex condom! The first premium condom made from polyisoprene – a scientifically formulated non-latex material “that delivers the ultimate sensitivity that is the closest thing to wearing nothing”: SKYN®.
The majority of condoms available in today’s market are made of latex, but individuals who are allergic to latex can still enjoy safe sex with these breed of condoms. Non-latex condoms are condoms that are not made of latex and therefore have no latex allergens.
Condomdepot.com, the “undisputed World champions of safe sex,” introduces LifeStyles SKYN Condoms as The Next Best Thing To Wearing nothing At All! Just like a second Skin!
In 2008, Lifestyles introduced the polyisoprene material to the condom industry, and named their product Skyn. Although recent to the market, Polyisoprene have become very popular in many respects. Indeed, Lifestyles Skyn condoms are strong, stretchy and an effective method for preventing pregnancy as well as reducing the risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
This material has made a successful breakthrough on the condom industry. Insomuch, in early 2009 Durex became the second company to offer a polyisoprene condom, selling them under the full name Durex Avanti Bare.
- The expiration date for non-latex condoms is shorter than latex condoms, but is still up to 3 years.
- Latex allergy symptoms may include redness, itchy rash and skin irritation in contact areas.
- Non-latex condoms are made of several materials. Today’s market offers non latex condoms made of animal intestines, polyurethane and latest polyisoprene.
- Polyisoprene is the most effective non latex condom material for reducing the risk of STD’s as well as pregnancy. Polyisoprene condoms are the only FDA approved non latex condoms.
- Several major condom manufacturers produce non latex condoms, including: Trojan Supra, Lifestyles Skyn, Naturalamb, Durex Avanti, FC Female Condoms.
- Polyisoprene condoms can not be used with oil-based lubricants.
Educate Yourself to Protect Yourself!